Monday, January 28, 2013

faith


It's 1am and I can't sleep. In just a couple of days, I will be packing a UHaul with all of my belongings and heading to Chicago, my new home for the next couple/few(?)  years.

This is by far the scariest thing I've ever done (which just goes to show what a wuss I am, haha). Leaving Atlanta and my friends and my family and everything I've ever known to go off and have this new adventure in a huge city where I barely know anyone - it's exciting, yes, but mostly terrifying to me! I've had more moments of doubt than I can count, but there's no backing out now. This is something that I know I need to do. There's a reason why I am where I am. It will be hard, it will be painful, it will be scary and lonely...but I will be challenged, and I will grow - personally and professionally - in ways I never would have if I'd stayed in my comfort zone: Atlanta.

Still, I'm scared sh*tless. I made the decision rather impulsively at a time when I was feeling restless and discontent. I didn't feel like my life was what I wanted it to be, and I needed a change. I just didn't know how. Enter a sudden flurry of messages everyday from relentless recruiters, and suddenly, I found myself in a very lucky position where I could negotiate for myself a pretty sweet deal, one that included relocating to another city. Call it kismet, call it fate, call it coincidence...whatever it was, I just knew it was time.

There's a quote that keeps popping up in my head. It spoke to me years ago, and has never left the back of my mind. I find it so fitting for what I'm going through right now.

"Faith means trusting in advance what will only make sense in reverse."

Sometimes, the only thing you have to lean on is faith. And so, choosing to listen to that tiny little voice inside of me that kept telling me to make this jump - I'm doing it. Without any idea what my life will look like, only faith that it'll all work out in the end, I'm doing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment